19 Incredible Membership Benefits for You from The Practice
A Different Way to keep your family healthy! Inexpensive medical care, but not cheap. Your membership at The Practice is a great value. Now you and your family can benefit from these amazing new services, thanks to Dr. Mensink and the staff at The Practice. Membership has its privileges, and your membership with The Practice brings you these new benefits – beginning today!
There are three levels of membership at The Practice: Tier 1 is the Basic plan, and while many services are included in the monthly fee, other services are provided at deep discounts. Tier 2 is the Value plan, with an amazing list of services included, and a few at deep discounts. Tier 3 is the Premium plan, with a long list of included services including counseling sessions.
Here is what’s new!
Beginning today all Tier 2 and Tier 3 members of The Practice in Bakersfield, CA will be able to have these lab tests listed below without charge as a part of their annual physical or any medical examination. This benefit alone can save members of The Practice hundreds of dollars each year, and can help Dr. Mensink and the physicians at The Practice to optimize your health, energy, and well being.
Here is what is included for you as a Tier 2 “Value Package” member, or a Tier 3 “Premium Package” member …
HGB-A1C : The A1C blood test provides Dr. Mensink and his staff with information about a person’s average blood glucose, or blood sugar levels over a three month period of time. It is vital in the diagnosis of “Pre-Diabetes” or type 2 Diabetes. It allows the doctors at The Practice to develop a treatment plan to keep you from becoming a diabetic, or to treat your diabetes correctly. The A1C test does not require fasting, so blood can be drawn at any time of the day for the test. So come into the office and get tested to make sure you are not diabetic, or on your way toward becoming a diabetic. Early in the disease diabetes has no symptoms, so the A1C test is one of the best tools available to diagnose diabetes and get proper treatment.
COMPREHENSIVE METABOLIC PANEL (CMP) : The CMP is a broad screening tool to evaluate organ function, and check for problems such as liver disease, kidney disease, or diabetes. It can also be used to monitor treatment for problems such as hypertension, or to make sure that medications for certain conditions are causing problems for your liver or kidneys. As the name implies, this panel of tests is more comprehensive than the Basic Metabolic panel of tests.
COMPLETE BLOOD COUNT or CBC : The CBC is a broad screening test to determine your overall health status. It can screen for a variety of conditions or diseases, and is very helpful in the diagnosis of anemia, infection, inflammation, or other blood disorders. It can also help to monitor the success of a variety of treatments. The test evaluates both white blood cells and red blood cells. White blood cells are a part of your body’s defense system against infections and cancers, and also play a role in inflammation and allergies; and red blood cells are the cells that transport oxygen through your body. A CBC panel is typically ordered as a part of an annual physical or medical exam if your health changes. It is now offered for free to our Tier 2 and Tier 3 members.
TESTOSTERONE [Free Hormone] : Testosterone is the major androgenic hormone, and is important to both men and women, giving vitality, energy, libido, weight control, and improved mood. Most circulating testosterone is known as “bound”, as it is bound to globulin. A lesser amount is called “free testosterone” and is usually thought of as the most powerful and bio-active form of testosterone in the human body. As we age, both men and women find decreased levels of testosterone in their bodies, resulting in weight gains, less energy, lower libido, and perhaps even symptoms of depression. Testosterone levels are best measured by a test of the “free testosterone” levels, which can identify even mild decreases in testosterone levels and catch problems early. Dr. Mensink and his staff are firm believers in the importance of optimizing testosterone levels in both men and women members of The Practice for increased energy, vitality, weight management, and over-all health.
TSH 3RD GENERATION and FREE T-4 are two separate tests : This 3rd generation TSH is a state of the art test for levels of Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH3). This test provides a ten-fold improvement over the previous TSH tests, and replaces those types of tests. This new test provides the full testing range needed to see if there are any problems with hypo-thyroidism or with hyper-thyroidism to tell you if your thyroid is operating too little or too much. Thyroid problems can result is depression, weight gain, increases in heart rate, hair loss, fatigue and much more. TSH is produced by your Pituitary gland, which is a very small organ located below the brain and just behind the sinus cavities. The Pituitary gland is a part of a complex feedback loop that helps your body to maintain appropriate amounts of hormones such as the Thyroid hormones called T3 and T4. The Pituitary gland also helps to regulate your body’s metabolism rate. So as the doctors at The Practice work to optimize your thyroid functioning, you should see improvements in mood, weight loss, greater endurance and energy, thicker hair, and over-all wellbeing. The T-4 test looks specifically at your thyroxine or T-4 levels, which plays an important role in your metabolism and other functions. By taking both the TSH 3RD GENERATION and FREE T-4 tests your doctor at The Practice will have a great overall view of your thyroid functioning and know just how to optimize your thyroid to improve your health and feel great.
VITAMIN D : This test for Vitamin D is known as the “25-OH Vitamin D test,” and is the most accurate and most widely used test for the total amount of Vitamin D in the body. It shows the total amount of Vitamin D from any and all sources, including sunlight, supplements, and foods. Many people are deficient in Vitamin D, causing increased risks for getting sick from lowered immune system. It can also cause a loss of bone density as we age, but optimal levels can promote healing of broken bones and other injuries.
LIPID PROFILE : Your Lipid profile is a panel of blood tests that helps your doctors at The Practice to screen for abnormalities in lipids, such as high levels of cholesterol or triglycerides. Think of it as your cholesterol level test. It can help to identify if you are at risk for heart disease or other heart problems. The test will measure Total Cholesterol levels; High-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol [HDL-C] levels (often called “good cholesterol”); Low-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol [LDL-C] levels (often called “bad cholesterol”); and Triglyceride levels. It will also look at the ratios between “good” and “bad” cholesterol.
Your Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership at The Practice also includes many of the services that you might find at a local Bakersfield Urgent Care center available to you and your family. These services are included – Free to you! These medical services include:
- Nutrition Classes: Over 90% of the members who that this free course have lost weight, and feel great. Learn how the body works, how it uses the foods we eat, and what best to eat to lose weight for energy and greater health! This class is a $120 value, included with your membership.
- Urine Tests – included! Other offices can charge up to $60 for a common UTI screening. But it’s included at The Practice.
- Casts and casting for broken bones – included! This would cost hundreds of dollars at a local Urgent Care center in Bakersfield. But during normal business hours the staff can set up all that is needed to x-ray, set, and cast that broken bone.
- Insertion of Testosterone pellets – included! Surgery centers in Los Angeles charge up to $2,500 for this procedure. At The Practice we provide this service for free to T2 and T3 members. The pellets themselves are provided for an additional but discounted cost.
- Stitches and sutures for cuts – included! Dr. Mensink can easily suture or stitch most cuts, just as the Emergency Room or Urgent Care Center would do, but without the hundreds of dollars in fees.
- Epidurals and pain shots – included! Those of you under the treatment of pain doctors know just how expensive this can be!
- B-12 shots – included! This is a great benefit. Get more energy now!
- TB testing, and TB shots – included!
- Drug testing – included! If you need drug screening for your new job, or if you need screening for your teenager, this service is included as a part of your membership fee!
- Flu shots – included!
- Breathing treatments – included! This can save your family over $200 for every treatment needed throughout the year!
- Essentially every service that we provide in our office is included for Tier 2 and Tier 3 members as a part of your membership with one exception – our on-site counseling services with Sherry Rose of WellSpring Personal Development Center.